Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for adding me.
Love this vehicle but all 4 power windows stopped working one day when I tried to open iced up drivers window. I know, shouldn't have tried that! Tried a new switch but that didn't work. Suggestions? Where do I get a service manual for '06?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,758 Posts
WELCOME...Moved to the Gen2 area.

Time to break out the owners manual and look for blown fuses, as a first step.

Post back with findings. Next possibilty is a broken wire near door hjinge. Will the other windows work via their switches?

You can buy PDFs of the service manual online.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Is your 'master off switch' (near the window switches on the drivers door) switched to OFF?

Welcome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Official, paper copy here for 2006: Honda CR-V 2006 Shop/Service Information

It would be less expensive if you searched for a CDrom version. I personally prefer paper.
All 4 windows quit when drivers side stopped. I replaced the switch but that didn't work. Pushed the window lock button off and on but no go. I ordered the 05-06 service manual (yes-paper, two 2" thick books) but haven't had time to look thru it yet. I will get back on this later. Thanks for being here! BTW, the 51R battery is available at WalMart .

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 2 volume service manual arrived. I've replaced the switch, replaced the fuse and relay. I think there might be fuses under the hood related to the windows. That's my next place to check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts