Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Norway, and my first post here.
I have a issue with my great 2006 model. Normally my headlights and tail lights has switched on automatic with ignition as drl. But a while back I had some issues with short circuit due to some led I tried in the parking light / side light. I managed to get the lights working again but recently learned that my tail lights doesn't switch on with ignition as they used to. I also checked my trailer socket and it the same there but the head lights switches on.
I have checked most fuses but can't find the fault. Anyone got a tip where I should search further?

·
Registered
210 Posts
In my region and factory default:
- DRL only lights the front headlight. Actually, it uses High Beam at reduced current flow (like below 9 volts). Rear/side marker lights are OFF.
- Auto headlights during "the day" makes Low Beams and all rear/side marker lights are OFF.
- Auto headlights during "the night" makes low beam (or high beam) and all rear/side marker lights are ON.

Also.... If I put black tape over the dash sensor during daylight hours (and leave switch on Auto), it thinks its night time. Thus, lights are "auto on". But on my CRV, its GPS goes into dark time lighting mode as well - which makes it hard to see during the bright sun day. But in dark time lighting mode, all its rear/side marker lights are ON as well. Hence, all lights are "on" mode.

Is your CRV light behavior the same?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.
As this is a quite old car I am quite sure there is no daylight sensor.
Earlier the drl came on (front low beam) together with rear markers (red). Sidemarkers didn't come on unless bulb broken in low beam or lights where switched on.
The problem of finding out where to search is that I guess every region /country has its own "setup"
Back in 2006 this setup where common as the Norwegian rules had quite specific requirements for drl front and rear.

I guess I just have to go start looking for fuses and relays.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts