Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
I think you might need to tweak the exhuast piping. Also don't forget you need to tweak the oil pan for the return oil and get a oil filter sandwich so that you will have oil going to the turbo. There is also a bunch of stuff that you need to buy that I don't have a full list of. Check k20a on how to turbo the k24a#.

I would say you would need at least 3k to turbo for misc stuff after you buy the kit. Tuning and stuff would take 1/3 of the funds. Then labor for custom exhaust piping, o2 stim, and blah blah blah.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I would say anywhere between 2-5k depending if you know how to fab stuff, tune the car, and diy everything. Check to see if k20a has any use turbo kit on the cheap cheap

or you can sell the crv and buy an RDX and call it a day. lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
So, about a grand for the Acura TSX K24 turbo & intercooler kit (which might save some a little customization time) + an ECU, boost gauge, boost controller, upgraded injectors, wiring, & fuel pump, tuning & dyno for $?,???.?? well that doesn't sound too bad, LOL.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The issue is how would your 9 year old transmission respond to this as well as the remainder of the drive train. Probably a lot of better cars you could modify if you sold the V for a sedan or hatchback.
$5K for a little extra pull as the toms rise. I would sell the V and buy a new Juke or something that can handle a bit of dirt road and still get a decent four with turbo. Those cars may look like minis on steroids but they are actually pretty fun to drive and have many aftermarket items to upgrade your interior and exterior without selling the farm. This 74 year old guy showed me his whole I was getting coffee as I waited for my Winter wheels getting installed with an oil change. Very different from a car I drive when they first came out.

You could also lease a Jeep Cherokee or Renegade for some extra oomph and keep that ability to negotiate foul weather.

Just loads of options out their in the crossover market right now.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah, I'm definitely not doing it. If I knew more about it, especially 5+ years ago, I'd be a lot more tempted. The only way I would definitely do it with my V is if, for some very strange reason, I were to replace the engine, lol. Well, that and if it could be done for around a grand or less. I was more or less interested in what it would require to be done and how much.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I am looking into camshaft and getting the AEM FIC to do the fuel tuning, but I am still waiting for ktuner to make something for the crv because hondata has no interest. Ktuner said if they get enough people they would consider it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts