Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've searched the internet fairly far and wide, but can't find any good video of someone getting to the wiper linkage of a 2006 CRV.

Only my passenger side wiper is moving right now. I think a piece of the linkage is broken, but it seems like a ton of work to get to it. I don't have much time or know how, really.
My fear is that if I take it to a shop, it'll be a few hours of labor for a $5 bushing, or something like that. I don't really have the extra cash at the moment to take that risk.

This is something I'd really like to try to do myself, but I can't really find a schematic or anything online.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My story of wiper woes:

I finally found the time to get into the wiper linkage area to diagnose my 'only 1 wiper working' issue. I popped off all of the necessary caps and took off all of the covering pieces. Surprisingly enough, there were only plastic caps and snaps covering the area - no real tools needed.
I got inside expecting to see a busted bushing or bolt or something. But the problem was that the nut holding my wiper had loosened... That was it. I didn't even need to get into the linkage at all. All these weeks I have been putting off this repair and it was one loose nut... Oh well. I'm glad I didn't pay someone a few hundred to tell me that...
A photo of the exposed wiper insides below:

20181222_101427.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts