Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have a 2007 2.0 petrol.

After not starting it for 2 months during lockdown I have no heat. No AC either but not sure that's linked? One for another thread?

Re the heat, so far I've checked the two hoses to and from the firewall in the engine bay. Both are stone cold when engine is up to temp. So I guess no coolant getting to the matrix. Cable that attaches to a valve on the inlet hose? That's attached. I took it off and the actuator moves freely. The inlet hose was warm near the engine block (I checked later on when the car had been stood). Coolant level all good. Engine temp is fine. Any ideas what to check next?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That'll be something I'll need the garage to check. It'll be booked in once I've put the new compressor relay on when it arrives. The one I have rattles inside. Next lock down I'll start the car.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Oh so you've driven it? I misunderstood that you only started it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, sorry. I've had a few good runs. Again today. Engine temp as it should be. Those two hoses to the firewall are cold. One is hot where it comes from the engine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking that. But would have expected the pipe going to it to be hot and the one out to be cold. Booked in the garage for next week. Hopefully a flush will fix it and it's not a new one with all the labour.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
When the core is fully clogged then there's no flow at all, including the feeding hose.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,070 Posts
Low coolant level will stop the heater from working. But you say that is ok. After doing all the work did you burp the system, and get all the air out? Look around for coolant leaking.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah. The coolant level is as it was before lockdown. I can't see any leaks. The only leak I've had was last year due to a corroded hose clip which was fixed by the garage. I've not done any work on it. Just started driving it the past 2 weeks after 2 months of not even starting. Booked in with the garage in a week.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The garage got it working yesterday. I don't exactly know how but will ask when we talk about a new a/c compressor. They mentioned the cable actuated valve that lets hot coolant into the cabin. When they operated it by hand, the hoses were hot and they got heat in the cabin. I don't know how they got the valve to operate normally. But after the shirt trip home those hoses were hot.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK. So the local garage did a workaround to make the valve always open. It's going back in any way and I'd like it to work as it should. Maybe this valve is linked to the a/c not wirking. I now have heat only on the passenger side. Possibly blend door actuator? It's going in Friday for a new a/c compressor and I'll ask them to keep working on the heating.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, last night I ran the climate control self diagnostic and got 2 codes. Remember the A/C wasn't working at all.
G = An open in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit
J = A short in the driver's air mix control motor circuit.

So I took it in for the for a new Hella A/C compressor to be fitted. 3.5 hours of labour and everything was working. Cold air, hot air, both sides, all vents. Cable actuated valve in engine bay all working. No fault codes. Good news.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts