Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been reading through previous posts but can't find an answer.

I have a 2007 MK3 Honda CRV 2.2 i-CTDi. The Camshaft Pulley is broken (Rattling loose, see photo attached) and needs to be replaced.

Apparently I can replace this without it having any effect on the timing. I've spoken to my local Honda dealer and they told me this. However I'd like to confirm with anyone that has replaced their Camshaft Pulley?

Many Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,180 Posts
Confirmed! Timing is done by a timing chain inside the engine. The Crankshaft Pulley provides two functions one is a harmonic balancer and to drive the alternator, AC and water pump. Replacing the pulley will cause no issue with engine timing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Confirmed! Timing is done by a timing chain inside the engine. The Crankshaft Pulley provides two functions one is a harmonic balancer and to drive the alternator, AC and water pump. Replacing the pulley will cause no issue with engine timing.
Would you recommend replacing the CRANK PULLEY BOLT for a new one while I replace or will the old one be fine?

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,180 Posts
Yes, it really should be replaced. I know some people would reuse them, but considering the low cost why go cheap and possible create a future problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts