Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone, I'm looking to see if anyone has the air conditioning electrical schematic for my 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L navigation. I've checked all the electrical components and have troubleshot the system to the electrical relays control signals. I replaced the air conditioner compressor unit 2 years ago because of the common clutch coil problem. It was working fine until a few months ago when the AC stopped working.

All the fuses, relays and clutch components are working. When I bypass the AC/Fan and AC compressor relays with a jumper wire the AC works and cools down the cabin. The AC cooling fan is steadily on as is the clutch in the forced bypassed condition. I also put on a set of pressure gauges and when operating, the pressures are within the proper low and high side ranges. I read somewhere that the PCM could need to be flashed, but can only be done at a dealer. Not sure what would happen in a PCM to cause this out of the blue, but it may be possible.

I was looking to check the AC panel control switches, high-side pressure sensor, or even the PCM. If anyone has access to the schematic, can they kindly post an image of it? Also, any troubleshooting recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,804 Posts
MOVED to Gen3 area. :giggle:

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
You would be well served to get yourself a factory service manual, which contains not only the wiring schematics but extensive troubleshooting procedures, for this and other systems. Mine paid for itself quickly. Got it off eBay, in CD/pdf form, for $45. Hard copies are higher.

The manuals are copyrighted and posting excerpts from them is a violation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You would be well served to get yourself a factory service manual, which contains not only the wiring schematics but extensive troubleshooting procedures, for this and other systems. Mine paid for itself quickly. Got it off eBay, in CD/pdf form, for $45. Hard copies are higher.

The manuals are copyrighted and posting excerpts from them is a violation.
Thanks for the advice about posting copyrighted material. I looked on ebay and see the pdf versions available. Guess its ok to recommend buying copied copyrighted material, but not post it.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Thanks for the advice about posting copyrighted material. I looked on ebay and see the pdf versions available. Guess its ok to recommend buying copied copyrighted material, but not post it.
Very true, and a conundrum, to say the least. Still, it has always been my opinion that a new vehicle should come with a copy of the factory service manual. In fact, I think it should be legally required. But that ain't how it is. So I always get one for each vehicle I buy. But I no longer buy new vehicles. Still, if I were to buy a new vehicle today, I would require the manual be included, and at no extra cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts