Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old 2006 CR-V was manufactured and imported from Japan.

I was told by a local dealer that the 2007 CR-V will be manufactured and imported from China.

I am very skeptical about this, as he may try to make me purchase the 2006 instead of waiting for the 2007 models.

Does anyone know the manufactured location of the 2007 CR-V? Will that be in Ontario Canada or Alabama USA? Or is it really Canton China?

:confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Honda produces CR-Vs in the United Kingdom and Japan for worldwide markets, and as of 2007, North American CR-Vs are produced in East Liberty, Ohio (where the Civic and Element are produced). The CR-V is produced for the Chinese market by the Dongfeng Honda Automobile Company, a joint venture with Honda. Elsewhere, the CR-V is Honda's smallest SUV other than the related Element sold in the United States and Canada, and the HR-V sold in Europe

·
Registered
31 Posts
Initial shipments of the '07 CR-V are coming from Japan to the U.S.. Future production for the Americas will be in East Liberty, Ohio.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I know they have rolled CR-V's off the line in East Liberty already. Seems like it was at least a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just to update this post, picked up mine yesterday (4/20) right off the truck, with build date of 3/07, and came from Japan (100%). I was happy for that, until I saw oil leaks at less than 100 miles:confused:, but mine seems to be fine right at 101. Later gang.
JC

·
Registered
8 Posts
EX-L Origin

EX-L picked up in NYC on 4/21--it's from Japan (100%). Port of Entry is Portland (I guess that's Oregon).

·
Registered
3 Posts
J vin here for me also. 100% Japan. Just picked it up this afternoon for the wife. Expecting our 1st (son) in a month or less and let go of a 05 loaded Camry. So far very impressed with this vehicle.

Beau

·
Registered
18 Posts
The exact location for mine is Sayama City, Saitama Prefecture, Japan. Luckily for me it only takes a couple hours from plant to my dealer in nearby Chiba Prefecture (arrived today).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fo' the record...

1st & 2nd-gen V's were assembled at:

- Sayama, Saitama Prefecture, Japan
- Swindon, Wiltshire, U.K.

3rd-gen V's are assembled at:

- Sayama
- Swindon
- Ayutthaya Prefecture, Thailand
- East Liberty, Ohio, U.S.
- El Salto, Jalisco, Mexico (autumn '07)

Like most 1st-gen V's sold in the U.S., mine was born in Japan.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts