Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2007 CR-V that has different tires on the front & back. I've never seen a car w/ that before, let alone an AWD, which concerns me. I'm worried that since they are different manufactures, that there is likely to be different wear, and perhaps more upkeep or at least more attention to be paid...

I wanted to ask if this is something to be wary of, or is running different tires f/r an acceptable thing on an '07 CR-V?

Thanks!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hi.

Not recommended. Not a good idea. But if the tires have the same circumference, you can get away with it. As you said, wear may be different, so down the road you may be asking for trouble.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replies...I call the dealership and told them I'd need 4 matching tires on there for this deal to work.

Figure the vehicle has 160k on it (but drives pretty nicely), I don't need to sweat the tires too...

·
Registered
547 Posts
I too have a 2007 CRV, and the previous owner didn't have them rotated and balance in a timely manner. So two of the tires wore down faster then the other two. I can't remember which were on the front and which were on the back. I went to Discount Tires because that is where the previous owner got all 4 tires at the same time. I was told I only needed the two that were worn down ( I could see the difference when it was pointed out). So, I ended up purchasing two new tires. These are different tires than the other two but I was told they are comparable and will do just fine. I asked if I should just get 4 tires all of the same even though I would have to pay more money and I was told no, just purchase the two that were more worn. So far, I have not had any trouble and I have taken numerous road trips. I got the two new tires over a year ago. But I am digilent about rotating and keeping my tires balanced.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies...I call the dealership and told them I'd need 4 matching tires on there for this deal to work.

Figure the vehicle has 160k on it (but drives pretty nicely), I don't need to sweat the tires too...
Just make sure they don't put crap tyres on the car to seal the deal or you will be in for more hip pocket pain sooner than later.
Get some quality tires from the get go, even if you have to add an extra few $'s to get them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts