Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I used this forum a few times but never posted. Forgive me if this subject has been covered. I did some searching but can't find an answer.
The engine warning light came on a couple of weeks ago and I was able to get an OBD2 reader. That gave me P2A00 code O2 Sensor #1 response.

I have done some digging around and found that the Honda Part number is Part Number: 36531-RZA-013. Or at least I think so.

I then found a DENSO 234-9062 [email protected] sensor that I think will fit. It's on eBay for US$103.38

I just need someone to confirm that I am on the right track. I don't want to order the part and then find out it's the wrong one.

Also I have been told that I will need a special wrench. What size should that wrench be? Because I think I can get From Canadian Tire. Size: 7/8" deep socket $14.99 CAD

How har is the job to do. In the past I have done some of my own maintenance. Last Fall I replaced the right passenger door lock mechanism.

Thanks In advance

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
There is 2 o2 sensors. The #1 for honda IS NOT an O2 sensor, they call it what it is, a fuel/air mixture sensor. Make sure thats the sensor you buy.

Also do NOT use a 7/8 socket. You need an o2 sensor socket or a 7/8 wrench. To use a regular socket you have to cut the wires off. This is ok for removing the old one. Not ok for installing the replacement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tigris99.
Thank you for correcting my terminology.
But what I was asking for is some sort of confirmation that those part numbers are the correct part to fix the job?
And, is this a difficult task or not?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts