Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few days ago, my car made some whining noise (this noise come and go. Usually after driving for a while. But it will disappear by itself) and I noticed small bubbles forming in power steering reservoir.
After watching some videos at YouTube, I was pretty sure replacing the O ring will solve this issue.
So today I replaced both O Ring on the inlet (Red O Ring) and on the high pressure outlet (Black O Ring), refill the with genuine Honda Power Steering fluid, and moved the steering wheel end to end several times to release the air.
Somehow after some test drive, there are still bubbles forming in the reservoir.
I can see there is a strong stream blowing inside the reservoir that makes the bubble (the stream is coming from left direction, from "front passenger tire to engine" direction).
I assume there is still air leak somewhere.
Any suggestion what else I should check? Or did I miss something?

TIA

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I remember seeing those videos a while ago (couple of years ago?). Are you sure you've bled all the air out of the system?
Seems to me there aren't too many places you could get air in without having a leak of some kind showing fluid loss.
Is the whining noise gone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember seeing those videos a while ago (couple of years ago?). Are you sure you've bled all the air out of the system?
Seems to me there aren't too many places you could get air in without having a leak of some kind showing fluid loss.
Is the whining noise gone?
Correct, so far I haven't heard the whining noise anymore.
I did emptied the reservoir from old fluid as much as I can using a turkey baster until it cannot suck anything more.
Do you think emptied it like that was a bad idea?
I just drove the car today and checked the reservoir with engine still running.
I didn't see as much bubble as yesterday but still see some tiny ones.
Let's see until tomorrow if it will go away completely or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just want to give an update.
After letting the car run for another 2 weeks, I emptied the power steering reservoir again using the Turkey baster and then refilled it with new ps fluid up to the max line.
And this time no more bubble coming out.
I guess it works fine now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts