Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and thanks for any and all input. I'm having an issue with the tailgate not opening.

I have successfully replaced 3 of the 4 door lock actuators on my wife's '07 CR-V as they have each gone out over time. The 4th one (driver's side rear door) went out last week and I am in the midst of replacing it. I took the door panel off, unhooked the electrical connection for the power window and disconnected the wiring harness that connects to the actuator. That's as far as I got last night. I had to drop the car off this morning to get new tires as she has a long road trip planned for tomorrow. My plan was to finish replacing the door actuator tonight.

I noticed when I dropped the car off that I could not get the tailgate to open. Tried several times. I didn't have time to do any diagnosis yet, but I wanted to ask if having the electrics disconnected from the left rear door while I'm replacing the actuator would impact the tailgate?

if not, then I may have a tailgate actuator problem. Not sure I can get that sorted in time for her trip tomorrow so we may have to switch cars.

Is there a manual release for the tailgate inside of an 07 CR-V?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info downunder47.

I picked up the car from the tire shop and then finished installing the new lock actuator on the left rear door. The tailgate latch worked fine after that. I haven't had a chance to look at any wiring diagrams to see if the two mechanisms share a circuit, or if perhaps the tailgate just started working on it's own. I'm guessing the former.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same problem except for a CRV 2003 model. I tried searching in the manual but I cant find it. Anyone have an idea?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts