Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all does fuse 23 (10 Amps) under the hood control? I have a battery drain that does not occur if I remove this fuse. I know it controls the stereo (doesn't come on anymore if fuse is removed) and maybe the passenger dome lights? Also, the tachometer did not go back to zero when I turned the vehicle off but did so when I turned the ignition key to on (but not all the way to start). Seems like there could be a better label than "Back Up" (the back up lights still come on when transmission is put into reverse).

·
Registered
895 Posts
Usually that fuse goes to the radio, instrument cluster, some keyless entry stuff, and some other odds and ends. Could be several possibilities for your parasitic draw. In the '05-06 it is a different fuse number, but I believe it covers most of the same stuff.

Backup.jpg

·
2,215 Posts
Audio/Navigation Unit, Datalink Connector, Gauge Control Module, Hands-Free Link Control Unit, Immobilizer-Keyless Control Unit, MICU. (From Factory Service Manual - US)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever get this problem resolve? I'm having the exact same issue
What all does fuse 23 (10 Amps) under the hood control? I have a battery drain that does not occur if I remove this fuse. I know it controls the stereo (doesn't come on anymore if fuse is removed) and maybe the passenger dome lights? Also, the tachometer did not go back to zero when I turned the vehicle off but did so when I turned the ignition key to on (but not all the way to start). Seems like there could be a better label than "Back Up" (the back up lights still come on when transmission is put into reverse).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here you go.

SmartSelect_20191209-123413_Chrome.jpg

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Great diagram with the colors , etc.
Which one would you think would be most likely to be the culprit?
Thanks.
I am also trying to troubleshoot a parasitic drain in my 03 Ody and have traced it down to a 7.5A fuse, BUT, it controls a LOT of things. :eek:
Trying to track those things down is very difficult , what with all the different and hidden connectors and cables. :(
Thanks,
Buffalo4

·
Registered
117 Posts
Great diagram with the colors , etc.
Which one would you think would be most likely to be the culprit?
Thanks.
I am also trying to troubleshoot a parasitic drain in my 03 Ody and have traced it down to a 7.5A fuse, BUT, it controls a LOT of things. :eek:
Trying to track those things down is very difficult , what with all the different and hidden connectors and cables. :(
Thanks,
Buffalo4
@Buffalo4

What 7.5A fuse in which of the 3 fuse boxes? Also what trim level?

When dealing with the Odyssey, a high parasite draw (>0.03A) and 7.5A fuse many times means it's a Power Sliding Doors (PSD) issue since the Back Up fuse in this model is a 10A in the Passengers UDFB for the Audio Unit.

Cheers!

·
Registered
156 Posts
The Back Up fuse in my car (98 CR-V EX) powers radio memory, clock memory and PCM/ECU memory. Isn't that true of the never cars too?

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
@Buffalo4

What 7.5A fuse in which of the 3 fuse boxes? Also what trim level?

When dealing with the Odyssey, a high parasite draw (>0.03A) and 7.5A fuse many times means it's a Power Sliding Doors (PSD) issue since the Back Up fuse in this model is a 10A in the Passengers UDFB for the Audio Unit.

Cheers!
2003 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Passenger side kickpanel fuse box. Fuse #13, I believe. Listed as "Clock, Back Up" page 379 in Owner's manual.
Seems to go to a LOT of different places. :eek:
Thanks for your interest. :D
Buffalo4

1 - 9 of 9 Posts