Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks. I've only had this a week, but it's loaded with problems, though it does run extremely well when it's going.

Today I want to know how to remove the EGR valve for cleaning. I know it's absolutely choked as I managed to remove the connecting metal pipes and scrape some out. I hope I was careful enough to vacuum the debris out, but it needs a proper clean. I can't find a way to remove the two bottom bolts to the metal pipe below the EGR. There's almost no wriggle room.

Symptom is, poor starting. Not too severe, but I need to hold the key a half second longer than I'd like. If I don't sometimes it simply cuts out immediately.
Slight hesitation at low revs. When it's going it goes very well, apart from the Turbo Siren.

I've been all over YT and other forums so far looking for a 2007 2.2 CRV and can't find a single mention.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,130 Posts
Not an expert on this model but have you looked on YouTube at all?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

Please see the attached pdf document released by Honda.
Hello,

Thanks very much UK-Kev. This is pretty much what I figured, but was hoping there was a miracle easy way.

I really just needed it confirmed that it was actually possible to reach the bolts on the bottom cooler pipe. I'll have another crack at it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,

Thanks again. Managed to get it partially off. Started it at 5pm in the UK and ended up in the dark :p

Anyway, looks like the slow pick up is sorted for now.

Onto the next thing. Diagnosing the Turbo Siren sound.

I'll start a new thread and hope to see you there too :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts