Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 CRV drivers door just started not being able to be opened from either interior or exterior handle. The lock appears to lock and unlock normally however when "unlocked" the door does not open. I have seen people talk of similar issues, however they appear to not be able to make the door lock or unlock at all.

I believe the problem to be somewhat temperature dependent because when I store it in a heated garage the problem seems to go away, I have been recently parking on the street and the problem is back. Sounds to me like water could've made its way into the lock somehow and is preventing the door from unlocking? Would it be advisable to open up the lock assembly and clean it out, or would a replacement be better?

Sorry for all the questions I am just wondering if anyone has any helpful information, thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After taking a closer look at it I found that if you push lightly on the top of the door (near the top of the window) you can open it perfectly. This makes it seem like an issue of alignment, there is no noticeable misalignment, but does anyone know how one could adjust the latch so that it works perfectly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts