Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,172 Posts
Honda recommends their own pads! :Darn: The cost from online dealers is reasonable too, compared to the better aftermarket brands.

If you DIY, inspect pad thickness. If you have more than 5mm left front & rear, just do a 'brake service'.

This consists of removing the caliper slider pins, cleaning, and repacking them with high temp brake grease. At the same time, assure that the pads are 'falling out loose' in their holders...corrosion of the caliper metal can cause them to bind.

If you DO replace the pads (your UK pad choices seem different from here in the USA) I recommend a ceramic pad, just for the low-dust characteristics. (I have had good results with Akebono or Centric.)

Again, be sure the aftermarkets don't bind...I've needed to file the backing plate edges on some aftermarket pads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've ordered some brake grease, will check sliders (watched a you tube video, looks really straightforward!)

Got some aftermarket pads to pick up, will do Honda next time but the parts departments are closed with it being a Sunday!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts