Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked with a friend today. He traded it in for a Hyundai Santa Fe. He had tire problems with the CRV - 3 sets of tires in 60,000 kil or about 37,000 miles - he tried to get the dealer to put in rear camber adjustments but they were not Honda parts. He also said the seat was uncomfortable. He traded in for the Santa Fe which he is very happy with - much quieter and more comfortable and gets about the same highway gas mileage as the CRV he traded in. He was very unhappy with the local service manager. He is loving the Santa Fe. Honda really needs listen to customers and correct know problems - they are losing sales this way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have also heard good things about the Santa Fe. It is good that your friend found a car that he is happy with.

The issue with the tires is known with the OEM tires, and could be easily fixed by going with another brand of tires...if the car was out of spec and that was causing the tires to go bad, then the service department did not do its job properly. As far as the seat comfort, that is more of a preference than a design/build issue.

Considering all the pros to owning a Honda, I seriously doubt they are concerned with losing customers over crappy OEM tires and firm seats.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I respectfully disagree with the trade. I would first
consider few things before I would trade mine with
Santa Fe. With due respect, there is nothing wrong
with Hyundai. First is the resale value, while we all
know Honda hold its value as opposed to Hyundai.
Secondly, reliability can always be argued with common sense. Third When I placed a soft foam on the drivers
seat, it solved the seat problem.;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ok, so the comfort of the car is a valid reason to switch, if you really don't like the feel of the CR-V then don't drive it. But, I don't think crappy tires are a good reason to go out and buy a new car. After all you can just get new tires that are a different make and model and it would be a whole lot cheaper then buying a whole new car. :confused:

But, I am interested in how he likes his Santa Fe. My grandmother was looking at getting one when she was last looking at a car in 2008 but she wasn't sure she was going to like it because she has never had a Haundai. I tried my best to convince her to get a CR-V but she went with a RAV-4. I hate that RAV and she does also. It is loud, uncomfortable, and feels cheaply built. The only good thing is the V6 engine, it is pretty powerful and will spin the tires even with the thing being 4x4. ;) Grated it will only spin them for about 2 seconds but I still think that is pretty good for a 4x4 car.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Honda has stated that Hyundai is their biggest competitive worry.

in fact, they've just become America's most fuel-efficient car maker, about a year after pledging to do so. i drove some Hyundais when I was looking for a car; they weren't perfect, but I would definitely cross-shop them with any Honda/Toyota/anything else.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Honda has stated that Hyundai is their biggest competitive worry.

in fact, they've just become America's most fuel-efficient car maker, about a year after pledging to do so. i drove some Hyundais when I was looking for a car; they weren't perfect, but I would definitely cross-shop them with any Honda/Toyota/anything else.
What were some things that you did and didn't like about them?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He got feed up with the lack of interest with the rear camber issue which he felt Honda should fix. The service manager had changed from the time he bought the vehicle and the new manager showed little interest in his problems. If I had the 2007 CRV, I would put in the rear camber adjusters, better tires and fix the seat. He had bought his vehicle new from this dealer and felt he could have been treated better.

·
Administrator
289 Posts
I would not blame Honda for this unless he contacted corporate and an Area Executive came to the dealer and checked the CR-V out. If he only dealt with the dealer to repair the alignment issue then it is the dealer he should have the problem with. Even if the dealer contacted Honda to authorize the various repairs and tire replacements, etc. It is still all on the dealer to get this resolved or on him for not going to another dealer or taking it further up the chain.

Sounds as if he just wasn't happy and wanted to get out of it.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Honda really needs listen to customers and correct know problems - they are losing sales this way.
People need to understand that what one thinks are crappy seats and etc., another may not see as a problem. So if Honda tries to fix (listen and correct) problems stated from a set of customers. They may inturn start pissing off another set of customers. You can't please everyone and you can't expect a company like Honda to start changing things just because there may be a few thousand people that hate the seats but 500,000 don't see a problem with them.

Honda is building a great vehicle, their sales and the fact that Hondas hold their value, speaks for itself. So someone switched to a Sante Fe, so what. It's a free country, they have that right. They will just see, in the long run, that they should have stuck with Honda. I quaranty there will be something that will happen with that new Santa Fe they have when the newness wears off. A car can't remain new, repair and maintenace free forever - no matter how well you take care of it.

Anyways, as stated in the above post #7, he basically went out and bought another car because we was pissed about how he was treated from the service manager. Silly excuse, go to another dealership. Don't blame the company because there's a sorry ass service manager out there.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He had a 2000 CRV before going to the 2007 CRV. He had been happy with the 2000 CRV and that's why he went for a new one. Where we are, there is no other dealer close by to go to! Customer relations IS important!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Of course customer relations needs to be good. But what happens if he runs up on another poor dealership with a bad service manager at Hundayi go buy yet another vehicle?

He needed to contact Honda Corp. about the issue he had. And let them deal with the service manager. Believe me, I'm big on customer service. Because it seems it's hard to come by these days.:mad:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Talked with one salesman there ( that I trust) and he said the Honda service rep for this area is useless ( his words) and won't do anything anyway. When the guy is sent in on a problem, he is no help to them. Staff tends to turn over at this Dealership which shows that something is not right - which is a shame. The local Hyandai dealer has a good reputation and sells a lot of vehicles - maybe the guys Santa Fe will fall apart but if you check out reliability reports, it is doing pretty good. Anyway, lets put this thread to sleep.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Santa Fe

I have a 2007 Santa Fe and a 2008 Crv.I hate to admit it on this forum but the Santa Fe is superior in all aspects. It's more comfortable, quieter, handles better and is a better value for the money. Sorry guys the CRV was a mistake for me.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have a 2007 Santa Fe and a 2008 Crv.I hate to admit it on this forum but the Santa Fe is superior in all aspects. It's more comfortable, quieter, handles better and is a better value for the money. Sorry guys the CRV was a mistake for me.
Far superior is a stretch. For similar equipment it's more expensive. It's heaver, less nimble, handling isn't as sharp and I thought crosswinds affected it more on my test drive. IT did ride a little softer...but again the trade-off is road feel and handling. I didn't find it any quieter overall. Also, it gets significantly lower fuel mileage. EX AWD CR-V is $25,100. A comparable equipped SE AWD Santa Fe is $27,000. There's a big diffrence in resale value as well.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice car and still a very good value for a smaller midsized SUV, but it's not exactly in the same class as the CR-V (compact SUV). It's 500lbs heavier, wider, longer, but has the same cargo volume and similar leg room. Some folks aren't looking for a midsized SUV.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Everyone has their right to their opinion, that's why we live in the free country that we do.

But lets face it, not everyone like a Cadillac, not everyone like a pick-up, and not everyone likes sports car.

What's unfortunate, is that there's people out there that are working in the costomer service area that shouldn't be. And they are making a bad name for a wonderful company, such as Honda. In this fellows case, he merely switched because of the bad service he was getting from this guy that WORKS for Honda. :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts