Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have 2007 CRV LX, now the front passenger door window sometime won't go up, it could go down without problem either by maser switch or the local door switch; however sometimes it won't go up, if that happens, both master switch and local switch won't work; I have to try many times before it suddenly could go up again;
other door's window are fine, either by master or local switch;

what could be wrong? I guess motor is ok since window could go down?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'd check the wiring or switch on THAT door.

I discovered by accident recently that if the switch on a door (other than driver's) is disconnected, the window will not operate via the driver's master switches. (I was replacing the door lock actuator on the rear passenger door.)

So, if the switch has gone bad or a wire has 'broke'...it may cause the symptoms you are describing...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I checked the local switch by following the service manual, it seems to be fine, and by just looking, the wire seem to be fine as well; so I replaced the whole motor and the regulator assembly, but it doesn't solve the problem, still won't go up sometime;
I guess my next attempt would be replacing the local switch, if that doesn't work, then the master switch ...

err, this is frustrating

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I checked the local switch by following the service manual, it seems to be fine, and by just looking, the wire seem to be fine as well; so I replaced the whole motor and the regulator assembly, but it doesn't solve the problem, still won't go up sometime;
I guess my next attempt would be replacing the local switch, if that doesn't work, then the master switch ...

err, this is frustrating
Try to do a reset 1st then see what happens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, I already did that (assume you mean the power window switch reset, auto-up/down), that doesn't change anything;

today, I manually jump connect/bypass the passage side switch, make it always stay off position, and it seems problem goes away (have tried dozen times via master switch), so it seems it is the passenger switch problem, will replace it to see if that solves the problem completely;

the annoying thing is this problem is not always happening, so I can't be 100% sure it is the passenger side switch problem...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
yes, I already did that (assume you mean the power window switch reset, auto-up/down), that doesn't change anything;

today, I manually jump connect/bypass the passage side switch, make it always stay off position, and it seems problem goes away (have tried dozen times via master switch), so it seems it is the passenger switch problem, will replace it to see if that solves the problem completely;

the annoying thing is this problem is not always happening, so I can't be 100% sure it is the passenger side switch problem...
Sorry, I meant a total System Wide Reset not just the Master Window Switch Reset.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I meant a total System Wide Reset not just the Master Window Switch Reset.
it has been a few days since I replaced the passenger side switch, it seems problem goes away;
hopefully it won't return...

btw: how to do a system wide reset?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Thanks for the update! You will need the radio codes before doing a system wide reset as even the radio codes will be erased. You will need to take out both terminals from the battery. Then short them out together/touching the terminals both the positive & negative terminals. Without involving the battery. Be sure that the BATTERY is not involved. Be sure you read this instructions 2x & carefully understand it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts