Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone having trouble with dead short on passenger front power window. seems to be dead short blowing fuse. motor works. could it be as simple as a switch on the drivers side. looking at inside panel of both doors trying to find short

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,191 Posts
How do you know the motor works if the fuse keeps blowing?

Possible issues are shorted wiring near the door hinge. Also broken lift regulator is preventing motor from operating so it overheats and blows the fuse.

Related to that, the window could be binding in its channel. (Not as likely unless the glass was replaced or an accident was repaired.)

BTW, some Hondas were recalled because the drivers door switch would be shorted by water (if the window was repeatedly open in rain). Look on the Honda OwnerLink to see if your VIN is subject to any recalls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update on my 2007 CRV front passenger power window. finally found a local trusted small shop that worked primarily on foreign vehicles. although I thought I could do this myself, it was good I had this shop fix it. I was a bad switch. Now if I had done this, I would have assumed the dealer messed up the master switch in the driver's side door, when they replaced the power door locks (the locks were a recall item). I would have started there first, which is where the shop started, and then finally traced to the passenger door. So, in essence they took apart both doors, tested the circuits, found the faulty switch, ordered the part and on second visit put the switch in. The price for switch was somewhere around $50. The total with parts and labor $325. That's about $300 less than what the dealer originally quoted me. As most of you know, finding an electrical problem is always the expensive trouble shooting event. My suggestion to anyone who has passenger door only window not working, start with that door and work backwards, unless you have specific reason to believe you need to start troubleshooter closer to the electrical source. Thanks to all who posted to my original post. s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.