Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am wondering what would be the best way to launch a 2007 CRV for fastest acceleration.

Also I know for Auto FWD burnouts, you would put on the emergency brake and just slam the accelerator, but for the CRV, would the 4x4 on-demand system be at risk or be effected?

Thanks.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,615 Posts
The AWD doesn't work unless there is a difference in front wheel speed VS rear wheel speed.

If the difference in speed persists, the system will automatically engage after a period of time.

So don't worry about damaging your AWD system by doing 'burnouts'. You might chirp the front tires but then the rears will dig in...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the answers.

For anyone else wanting to know more, the safest bet I have researched is where you press in the brake and then find the point on the accelerator where you can push it in and the car won't move forward (2000-3500 RPM as a general number, could be different to you). Now that you have found this point, practice revving the car up to this point and holding it. Now let go of the brakes and you should almost sort of jerk forward but not in a "crunching metal" manner. Your tires will probably chirp for a bit and when you feel the car getting full traction, then, floor the accelerator. You should also experiment how fast you should floor the accelerator after releasing the brake to get the most efficient power to the ground with considerations of traction. So anyway, thats how you launch a CRV. (Automatic Transmission)

Note: I am by no means an expert so as with everything on the internet, think first. As far as I'm aware, the only effect this has is heating up your torque converter faster which may decrease its lifespan. Much better than neutral rev into drive drop though which destroys transmissions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To my knowledge, the foot brake (emergency brake) locks in the rear wheels. So when you slam the accelerator, the front wheels will start spinning (Obviously being a FWD predominant car). I am just worried that because the front wheels would be spinning, the rears would want to kick in as well but since the foot brake (emergency brake) is in, there could be adverse effects to the drive train and all that junk. Anyone have info that helps clear things up? Also any misinformation I may hold.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I’m surprised nobody mentioned this already! Off a cliff!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts