Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 2007 honda crv I have the following issue. The remote key boob works, but as soon as unlock the doors they immediately lock back and stay locked.
When it locks it locks all 4 doors and hatch back. Also the doors will lock immediately and remain locked with the key in the ignition and the motor running.None has been replaced on the car. I suspect after much review that it has to be the keyless receiver unit. If this is so then where is it located.
any ideas?????

·
Everything in Moderation
7,731 Posts
Does this happen with BOTH fobs? If not perhaps the one has a bad LOCK button.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My '97 CR-V did the opposite--you would close the door to lock it, and it would immediately unlock. Related problem? Well, in mine, the mechanism in the driver's door had gotten corroded and since it could not go down all the way and stay down, it would instead open up just enough to trigger the locks to unlock the door again, instantly. My cure was to take the door panel off, lube everything up with white lithium grease, then work it dozens of times until the mechanism worked like new.

It almost sounds like you may have a similar problem--the door lock actuator is unlocking your doors just enough to get in, but something is preventing the mechanism from operating to where it can extend fully. In other words, there might be something in the door that is binding, obstructing the mechanism to prevent it from fully unlocking the doors to where the locks will stay open. (When you operate the driver's door lock manually, it should control all the other doors.)

So I would check all the lock mechanisms inside the driver's door first, before throwing parts at it. And since lock/unlock works, I doubt it is the radio receiver for the key fobs.

There could be other reasons but the mechanism is the first thing I would check, based on past experience.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I have this same issue, but mine is only on the right front door. In this case it's the door lock actuator gone bad. I got the part online for about $65, but haven't yet installed it. But, in your situation, I would follow Wildcat's instructions first. If that doesn't solve it, then I would next suspect the driver's door lock actuator. Gen3's are known for the actuators being a fairly common issue. These actuators are plastic-bodied, and are not known for longevity.

I highly recommend you get yourself a factory service manual. I got mine off eBay, on a CD, in pdf form. It's over 3,200 pages, and contains extensive troubleshooting for all systems, including this one. Here's a link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-Honda-CR-V-Shop-Service-Repair-Manual-CD/141644642117?hash=item20faadb745:g:7~gAAOSwDuJWwdJZ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My '97 CR-V did the opposite--you would close the door to lock it, and it would immediately unlock. Related problem? Well, in mine, the mechanism in the driver's door had gotten corroded and since it could not go down all the way and stay down, it would instead open up just enough to trigger the locks to unlock the door again, instantly. My cure was to take the door panel off, lube everything up with white lithium grease, then work it dozens of times until the mechanism worked like new.

It almost sounds like you may have a similar problem--the door lock actuator is unlocking your doors just enough to get in, but something is preventing the mechanism from operating to where it can extend fully. In other words, there might be something in the door that is binding, obstructing the mechanism to prevent it from fully unlocking the doors to where the locks will stay open. (When you operate the driver's door lock manually, it should control all the other doors.)

So I would check all the lock mechanisms inside the driver's door first, before throwing parts at it. And since lock/unlock works, I doubt it is the radio receiver for the key fobs.

There could be other reasons but the mechanism is the first thing I would check, based on past experience.
thanks I will try that something is obviously stopping it from staying unlocked and your right in the aspect I have looked at the actual manual lock on the door and it is not opening all way just half way. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts