Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I had a look through the forum and did not get much (or I must have missed it) comments regarding Kumho KL51.

I am looking for replacement tyres for my 2007 CRV. They have the Duellers which are not to my liking. I am tossing between Kumho KL51 and Cooper Tires CS4.

I am from the land downunder (Australia) and there is a huge price difference ($220) -->
Kumho KL51 - A$205 per tyre x 4 = $820
Cooper CS4 - A$260 per tyre x 4 = $1040

Prices includes fitting, balancing, disposal.

Both tyres seems to have a mix of good and bad reviews but Coopers seem to have slightly better reviews. Coopers have higher milage ratings but in Australia, Cooper only warrants up to 70,000KM for the CS4 and for Kumho KL51, it is warranted up to 80,000KM. The standard balancing and alignment checks need to be done to keep warranty for both.

Anyways, any personal experiences with these tyres?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had the Cooper CS4's before and they did a good job on wet and dry pavement. Never tried them in the snow though and I only got around 50k out of them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the CS4's on a Saturn Ion once and they were fine. I recently put new tires on my 08 V and I went with the Continental Pure Contact 70,000 mile warranty with great reviews all around and I love them so far. I needed a good all season tire that was also going to be good in lots of snow. I got them from Discount Tire Direct and had them installed at a local Discount Tire I think I paid 150ish a tire and a little bit more to have them installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts