Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is driving me crazy.

My alarm is going off randomly for no reason. There is no rhyme or reason. It will go off in the day or in the night....outside, inside the garage, etc. etc.

I've researched online and found that the hood latch is a common culprit, but I took it into the Honda dealership, they tested everything, and they said that the after market remote start was triggering something in the radio and the radio was causing the alarm to go off.

I just had the remote start taken out......and then this morning......the alarm goes off AGAIN.

Has anybody had this issue and found out how to fix it?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
If I remember correctly, when I had the alarm activated in my Accord it would go off very easily, like closing the door in my driveway, which is on a slight upgrade slant. Immediately took it back to the dealer and showed them what was going on. It was pretty easy to do since they had a nice ramp we could drive the car up on that led into the showroom.
They found that the sensor that detects motion was installed on a wire loom, not something solid and it wasn't stable enough to maintain the set position.
If your alarm just started doing this, I'd look at the sensors and see if they've become loose/unstable. Mine would go off after closing the door and waiting less than 2 minutes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for the reply. I'll check into that, but the car could be sitting in in the garage (and not even get breathed on) and go off 5 minutes after we turn it off or 5 hours after we turn it off.

The thing that makes it hard to diagnose is that there is absolutely no rhyme or reason for it to go off: time after turning it off, incline of the ground, external temperature, humidity, day, night....you name it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is driving me crazy.

My alarm is going off randomly for no reason. There is no rhyme or reason. It will go off in the day or in the night....outside, inside the garage, etc. etc.

I've researched online and found that the hood latch is a common culprit, but I took it into the Honda dealership, they tested everything, and they said that the after market remote start was triggering something in the radio and the radio was causing the alarm to go off.

I just had the remote start taken out......and then this morning......the alarm goes off AGAIN.

Has anybody had this issue and found out how to fix it?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
From experience with my 1997 CR-V, the driver's door switch had gone bad from corrosion. Cleaning it with contact cleaner didn't help, so I replaced it and the problem was solved. That was the Honda alarm, installed after purchasing the '97 new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts