Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Honda CR-V EX-L 2007 Navi
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all. this is the first post on the forum - just bought 2007 EX-L with Navi for my wife. Frankly speaking - navigation is ugly, no bluetooth, screen is small. Willing to replace it with 2 din android headunit. I've looked through all 80 pages of topics on this forum, but couldn't find the answer. I can see lots of units are available for our Hondas on teh market with regular radio. Plug and play. they come with all needed connectors. and cheap. i dont want to discuss abotu the quality, just availability.
But what about the models with navigation units? what can we do? do you have any ideas what and how to be installed? if you have any licks on the discussion - i would really appreciate it. or, just give me an idea if its doable. can we use the regular universal 2 din headunits? what about adapters? does this model have an amplifier i need to think about? Please, through all you have in this topic to me.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,318 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Yes, your '07 Nav came with an amp, but I would bypass it if you go aftermarket as it is junk. There are as many Nav-equipped head units as regular ones in the aftermarket. Go to crutchfield.com and do your research there. They will have everything you need for whatever head unit you choose, and can custom-build any harnesses needed to make it plug and play, with or without an amp, etc. 2 DIN Nav units come with GPS antennas. You will need an adapter kit for steering wheel controls. The folks there are very helpful and experts, who will help you make sure you get just what you need. Don't forget new speakers. Also, you can see lots of video reviews on the different head units on YouTube to help you choose. Keep us posted on what you do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i tried them to figure out what kind of harnesses i need. when you enter your vehicle info - i get a message - nothing is available for your vehicle. i called tehm but the wait time more than 4 hours now. thats why i asked if anyone can share teh information over here.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I used Crutchfield's info to fit a 2-DIN Pioneer in my 2009 CR-V. I bought a steering wheel controller (CRUX, maybe?) that had all the harness adapters I needed. Works perfect. I installed a 4x50W class D Kenwood power amp behind the dash, and used the existing wiring to the doors. For the subwoofer (a Focal bombA 8" powered sub), I ran a pair of line level interconnects to the rear, along with a power cord. Now that JBL offers a spare tire sub, I might decide to try one of those if I am so inclined, as it would save some space in the rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i installed lots of aftermarket radios on all my cars. And on My Honda CRV 2011 too (with no nav). not a problem. but with the nav unit on this model i am having a problem to find correct wire harnesses. nobody can provide me with correct info.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I don't see a problem in removing the nav unit and replacing with a typical 2-DIN radio with touchscreen--other than a GPS antenna for the factory nav unit (which may be built into it), the harnesses should be the same. If they weren't, Crutchfield's database would show that there isn't an available harness for it. Maybe drop their customer service an email to verify it.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,318 Posts
i installed lots of aftermarket radios on all my cars. And on My Honda CRV 2011 too (with no nav). not a problem. but with the nav unit on this model i am having a problem to find correct wire harnesses. nobody can provide me with correct info.
What is the issue, specifically? The Honda Factory Service Manual contains wiring diagrams, connector pin-outs, and detailed info on all this for the 2010-11 models. If you can be more specific, I might be able to help, or you can get the manual yourself, which is what I would do, as it is a complex system. You can get it here:

2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 Honda CR-V Shop Service Repair Manual CD | eBay

It details everything you could possibly need in the 111 pages of the section for 10-11 Nav systems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts