Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
133k kms, change oil 750km ago with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w-20 (for West Canadian winter) and Denso filter, own this vehicle from 95k km, no oil consumption.
Start some noise today while driving in the city, 50-60 km/h. really hear at 1200-1800 rpm. Sometimes louder, sometimes quieter
I record video, clicking noise it's probably normal valves work. Bad noise on background.
Hard to find good engine mechanic in my area so looking for any idea what is can happen?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Welcome to the forum! glad to have you aboard! Are you reffering to the clicking noise or the sound like a roller machines that flattens the road in a road work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply!
Clicking it's normal noise from valves, lifters etc. It's just my smartphone Samsung record sound like that. In real life they much quieter.
I'm worry about that empty noise, like you said from roller machine. Watched different video on YouTube yesterday till 3 am to find similar noise and thinking it's probably A/C pulley/clutch. I will go under car today and check again, noise come from bottom...

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
From the sound you said the most culprit is the water pump bearing. Try this, take out the serpentine belt & then run the engine be sure that the engine does not overheat as there's no water pump belt to drive it. spin all of the pulleys manually by hand & feel for roughness. It could also be the tensioner. Be sure that you mark or sketch a drawing on a piece of paper where the belt goes. It'll be tight in there to remove the belt. Be sure you do this with a cold engine to prevent burns. I hope this helps. Let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for great ideas but cold days coming, -16-25°C, I don't have yet my own heated garage so probably need go to local shop, they can replace pulley. Should buy new serpentine belt as well if they will work in that area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Problem is A/C Compressor clutch noise. Don't have just clutch at local stores, only compressor for $450-580 CAD, so ordering clutch from Rockauto, more than 1 week shipping to Canada because Rockauto don't have it at their warehouses.
I just did transmission fluid and filter change on my other Toyota Rav4 V6, want also order more parts for Rockauto for save on shipping.
Should I replace transmission filter at my 2007 Honda CR-V with 133k km as well? All videos on Youtube show only how to change trans fluid and nothing about trans filter.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I agree with Ms3224a change the trans filter. Most likely it'll be an inline filter as Honda vehicles has an internal filter only.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree with Ms3224a change the trans filter. Most likely it'll be an inline filter as Honda vehicles has an internal filter only.
Yes, I mean internal filter like on link from Rockauto above. In Toyota I drain 4 qts fluid, and drop transmission pan and replace filter (Fram) from bottom. Looks like Honda doesn't have it or I didn't find any video on YouTube.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts