Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2007 Honda CRV EX-L with low miles and really like it. Except we want to turn of horn honk when locking doors from the remote. Is it possible for us to make this change or is it a dealer job?

Thanks Bruce

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
On mine, press the remote once and the doors lock. Press it again right after, and the doors lock again with the horn honk.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,814 Posts
^^^ This. All Hondas with remote locking have worked this way in my experience.

If yours honks on the first click, is it possible that an aftermarket alarm system has been installing by a past owner?

·
Registered
2005 Honda CRV 2.4L LX
17 Posts
Do
Just purchased a 2007 Honda CRV EX-L with low miles and really like it. Except we want to turn of horn honk when locking doors from the remote. Is it possible for us to make this change or is it a dealer job?

Thanks Bruce
did you ever get an answer for this?

·
Registered
2009 Honda CR-V LX
15 Posts
When you first press the lock button, it locks the doors. The second time around sets the alarm.
My advice is to just press the lock button once if you don't want to hear that honk.

·
Registered
2005 Honda CRV 2.4L LX
17 Posts
When you first press the lock button, it locks the doors. The second time around sets the alarm.
My advice is to just press the lock button once if you don't want to hear that honk.
You should take a reading comprehension class because my post specifically states that the horn honks on the FIRST lock and honks on unlock. The factory setting is supposed to only honk on the 2nd unlock and not honk at all on unlock.

·
Registered
2007 CRV
765 Posts
You should take a reading comprehension class because my post specifically states that the horn honks on the FIRST lock and honks on unlock. The factory setting is supposed to only honk on the 2nd unlock and not honk at all on unlock.
Yeah, understood .. honk on second press of lock and not at all using unlock.
That seems to be standard. Apparently your vehicle does not.
Did always do this?
Are you first or new owner of this vehicle?
Did this trim level come with remote starter??

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,027 Posts
Time to step in: @Sam2009 @AzBuckeye @Avisitor

You own a phone, take a short video, of the Fob, and car both of you. Compare, or continue to talk, Here is your Owner's Manual for the 2007 Models.

Page 57 points to Page 89. Page 58, Security is page 65. 207 page 79 talks about your Key. page 80 talks about the Immobilizer system. Page 85-88 talks about how to activate and deactivate door locks.
PG 89 here we go

Since we do not take the time to check a Owners manual we now need to go to the Security system, and that you may find in the WIndow Sticker of the Pkg you bought, if no sticker then by all means back to Page 59

We are all here to help, I took the time to point out your Details, and post, hope this was helpful

·
Registered
2005 Honda CRV 2.4L LX
17 Posts
Yeah, understood .. honk on second press of lock and not at all using unlock.
That seems to be standard. Apparently your vehicle does not.
Did always do this?
Are you first or new owner of this vehicle?
Did this trim level come with remote starter??
I am not the original owner. I’ve had the car for just over a year and it’s never done it. Yes, the car comes with fobs and they have a chip. I even had the dealership make me a 3rd one. I’ve removed the battery before and replaced it and this didn’t happen, so I don’t know why it’s doing it this time. I have discovered that the previous pic I posted is an aftermarket alarm. I’ll be trying to trace the wire to the brain of the aftermarket alarm and disconnect. Stay tuned.

·
Super Moderator
5,027 Posts
Aftermarket alarm Keyfob is tied to the aftermarket Alarm. what aftermarket alarm is it a Clifford, Checkmate etc.

Now what you can do is Press on say the Lock a long press that can enable the audio, for me I have to bring the car t other place I got my system installed, its a minutes time of "Programming" one is silent, the other beeps.

·
Registered
2005 Honda CRV 2.4L LX
17 Posts
Time to step in: @Sam2009 @AzBuckeye @Avisitor

You own a phone, take a short video, of the Fob, and car both of you. Compare, or continue to talk, Here is your Owner's Manual for the 2007 Models.

Page 57 points to Page 89. Page 58, Security is page 65. 207 page 79 talks about your Key. page 80 talks about the Immobilizer system. Page 85-88 talks about how to activate and deactivate door locks.
PG 89 here we go

View attachment 145397

Since we do not take the time to check a Owners manual we now need to go to the Security system, and that you may find in the WIndow Sticker of the Pkg you bought, if no sticker then by all means back to Page 59

View attachment 145398

We are all here to help, I took the time to point out your Details, and post, hope this was helpful
This was definitely good info. I’ll be activating the Auto Unlock feature for sure. Unfortunately, this info did provide ANY info on how to correct the issue I’m having. Haha good try though.

·
Registered
2005 Honda CRV 2.4L LX
17 Posts
Aftermarket alarm Keyfob is tied to the aftermarket Alarm. what aftermarket alarm is it a Clifford, Checkmate etc.

Now what you can do is Press on say the Lock a long press that can enable the audio, for me I have to bring the car t other place I got my system installed, its a minutes time of "Programming" one is silent, the other beeps.
The grammar is a bit confusing here. The challenge is I don’t know who or what brand the aftermarket alarm is so I don’t know who to take it to. I’ll be looking for where the wiring leads to and attempt to unplug it. Thanks for the assistance.

·
Registered
2007 CRV
765 Posts
So, it seems that changing the battery somehow reprogrammed or reset the aftermarket item.
I do not believe the dealership will be of any help if it is aftermarket item causing this issue.
But, you might be able to reprogram its behavior. Long press or press both lock and unlock??
Guess the manufacturer of the item would be a better help??
Good luck

·
Registered
2005 Honda CRV 2.4L LX
17 Posts
So, it seems that changing the battery somehow reprogrammed or reset the aftermarket item.
I do not believe the dealership will be of any help if it is aftermarket item causing this issue.
But, you might be able to reprogram its behavior. Long press or press both lock and unlock??
Guess the manufacturer of the item would be a better help??
Good luck
Thanks for the advice. I’ve tried several key press scenarios with no luck. I’ve spoke with two Honda techs and narrowed it down to having to disable the aftermarket alarm.

·
Super Moderator
5,027 Posts
If you bought this from a dealer, they should be able to work it out, you bought from a private owner, phone call, Adtermarker, well get in there and do not tear out wires that you got no clue on.

I disconnected my Aftermarket and reconnected it. just hated the person who did the sloppy work but 10 years no issues Lol

just showing how I unplugged mine

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Do

did you ever get an answer for this?
Wait...do you have a 2007, or a 2005? This thread was for a 2007, which is the newer generation. 2007-2011 would not have an aftermarket alarm since it was built into the CR-V.

Maybe @Carbuff2 or another mod can split this thread and put yours in the appropriate area. I was about to reply until I noticed your profile lists a 2005 CR-V. 🙂

·
Registered
2005 Honda CRV 2.4L LX
17 Posts
Wait...do you have a 2007, or a 2005? This thread was for a 2007, which is the newer generation. 2007-2011 would not have an aftermarket alarm since it was built into the CR-V.

Maybe @Carbuff2 or another mod can split this thread and put yours in the appropriate area. I was about to reply until I noticed your profile lists a 2005 CR-V. 🙂
Well I finally fixed it! I traced the wires from the kill switch/light and they went to a small black box. It was labeled CPL-100M. It actually had a phone number on it so I called. It’s an after market alarm. Two sets of wires going into it. One set was wired into my factory kill wire set so I unplugged it and put the wire set back together that was factory installed and ta-da! It’s back to honking on the second lock as it should and doesn’t honk at all on the unlock. I was able to pull the box out and the wires for the kill switch. I’ll post pics soon to clarify everything.

·
Super Moderator
5,027 Posts

OP can Edit his topic he can change it to the correct one If like.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,814 Posts
Now, all you need to do is update your vehicle description in your avatar to reflect your ownership of 2007 (and 2005 if you still have it).

Glad you got it figured out.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks Bruce
If you have the Honda alarm, try this. First, locate the alarm, by your left knee when seated in drivers seat. Mine has a blue light when armed. There is a button on the underside of the alarm light. With the car off, push the engine start button three times, then push the alarm button three times. Hope it works for you! I had to call the dealership, drove me crazy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts