Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2007 CRV is currently in the shop, since it's had inconsistent brake pressure. Sometimes the brake is nice and firm (usually when driving here in the city) and other times it seems spongier. I've had no loss of fluid. The shop bled out the air in the system and did a flush, and said they found a lot of air and that the fluid was dirty. But it didn't fix the problem, so they're trying again (perhaps there's still air).

I was just trying to do some research while they work on it. Has anyone had a similar issue? I know that the master cylinder could be the issue, but has anyone had electronics be at fault for something similar?

Any thoughts are welcome -
Thanks.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,711 Posts
Has the system ever needed any parts replaced? It's possible that air could have ended up in the ABS system. To assure that this is not the case, it is necessary to actuate the ABS system at some point, then bleed again. (Yes I know that the p[ump self-test occurs at ~9 MPH at the beginning of each drive, but I'm not sure if this momentary pulse is enough to purge air.)

Other causes of inconsistent brake pressure or feel could be sticking caliper slider pins, or rust blooming behind the SS tabs, holding the pads.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for the reply. No, it hasn't had anything replaced, to my knowledge. After having 2 bleedings, my mechanic compared it to other CRVs and said it was actually a normal amount of variation.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Sorry, but I wouldn't accept any kind of variation acceptable. They're either firm or they're not. If not, something is amiss.
YMMV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts