Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently bought this CRV and mostly it's pretty good.
Bit today it rained, and i noticed a fair leak in the left hand rear area..
some water on the window, and sitting on the window sill and a fair bit under this in the back LH side of the cargo area? Not sure what that area is called..

Does anyone have an idea of what i should check as to where the water could be coming in?

TIA !!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,473 Posts
If there is an antenna base on the rear part of the roof, that might be the source.

If the roof seam (under the 'rails' ) is cracked, that might be it. (Common issue on '07 - '08 Fits)

But, it's INSIDE the LH window glass? That's a new one on me. Is it possible the glass was replaced and it wasn't sealed well? (Accident damage)

More troubleshooting/observation required.

PS: Check the spare tire well in the cargo comparment for water as well. You don't want mildew to form. Ewww.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, inside the glass as well as elsewhere..
I don't know if the glass has been replaced..and yep.. will check the tire well thanks!

Will keep an eye on things and try to figure it out and report back

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No water in the wheel well :)
But are you able to give me more info on the roof seam cracks?
Are there any guides for removing cabin trims without breaking them etc? I'm going to have to start pulling it apart to track the water back to it's source i think

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,473 Posts
Have you verified a good seal by the taillights? I've had more than one vehicle leak there after bulbs were replaced. Vaseline on any foam seals is an old-timer's fix.

Roof Seam cracks:

I've not removed my CR-V roof rails, but on the Fit (and the wife's Dodge minivan) the cracks were JUST visible. (Fit was on the trailing inch of the seam, van was near the sliding door.) Doesn't take much.

Folks report that the interior trim retainers (plastic clips) can break, so have some on hand before you begin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't checked tail lights.. but i did have a look at the antenna on the roof today.. doesn't look bad.. but not the best either... how to check it?
Blast it with water from the hose?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,473 Posts
It takes a while to see water ingress from the roof antenna. The water needs to travel down the headliner....

Yeah, let water 'flow' (no need to use a pressurized spray) on the roof.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts