Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 CR-V door arm rest is about shot. There's now a bubble under the leather, and its torn.

I found the part online, but I don't know what I have to do to replace the part. Do I need to take the whole door panel off, or is it not that complicated.

Does anyone have instructions they could post, or link?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there.. my door armrest is in worse shape than the one in the picture, could you help me out with the website where you purchased a replacement.

Many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem and called a dealer about a replacement part. Apparently you remove the door panel then screw the handle on from the behind the panel.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Be sure to get the correct Honda part number. They issued a TSB on how to repair the armrest, and offered updated part numbers which were supposedly an "improved" material that did not bubble up.

Honda's "leather" (or whatever this armrest material is--it certainly is NOT leather, far as I can tell) in this era was terrible. Look inside an Acura TL (2009-onward) or TSX (2008 onward), or Honda Accord (2008-onward) and you'll see it a lot worse on the door and center console armrests, and even on the edges of the front seats. Makes a beautiful car look like it's trashed inside. You can buy replacement material on eBay and cement it on, but 1) it's a bit of work and 2) the colors sometimes match, or they don't. But they are still better than what's in there now.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
These covers are available on eBay and Amazon for under $30. Remove the door panel, remove the armrest from the door panel, replace cover, re-install. There are YouTube videos galore on this. The cover I got was leather, and a bit darker tan than the stock, but better quality. I do leather work, so it was easy for me, but it's really not difficult at all, about a two hour job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts