Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My wife has a 2007 LX. Today we noticed that the radio which had been working fine is no longer working. The display backlight works, and the display itself it showing every possible symbol/number/letter/icon.. every single "cell" is on. The buttons and knobs don't do anything. Pressing and holding the power/volume knob resulted in a slowly pulsing bass note through the speakers but otherwise nothing. I tried pulling the radio fuse to completely cut power and "hard reset" it, but not dice.

Pic here: New photo by Matthew Hockley

Has anyone experience this? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I haven't experienced it, but it certainly does look as though the head unit has malfunctioned. It is cheaper to replace it than to have it repaired. If you're up to replacing one yourself, or know someone who can do it for you, used Honda radios start around $60 (shipped) on eBay and go up from there. The 2010-2011 radio will fit as well, but I'm not certain as to whether or not there are additional wires on the 2010-2011 that the 2007-2009 does not have, so it's best to stick with a direct replacement. Honda charges hundreds of dollars for a replacement.

Aftermarket replacements will add a lot of features (touchscreen, Bluetooth, Android Auto/Car Play, etc.) but will cost more and would need a trim plate and harness to install. Taking the dash apart (which would need to be done either way) is probably the most difficult part of the job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts