Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I posted something similar to this several months ago; at the time, my passenger rear door would lock when I hit LOCK (either on the driver armrest, or on the keyfob), but then if I was quiet I might hear about 2 seconds later, the Right Rear door lock mechanism try to slowly eaaaase itself to unlocked; very weird. I went thru taking off the door panel, check operation of the actuator, all seemed OK. Put it back together, trouble seemed to go away. The back in December the front passenger door would do it, and actually unlock!! I could stand at the passenger side door, hit LOCK on the fob, watch the indicator move to the locked position, close the door and then try the handle - UNLOCKED!! After a couple of weeks of wrestling with it, and having to manually lock my passenger door before closing it, the problem seemed to go away. Strange.

With my electronics background, it's like the solenoid has some amount of voltage on it in the unlock direction, sometime enough that it's overcome by the LOCK command, sometimes, enough that it over-rides the LOCK command. Very weird. When I get a chance during these COVID times I'll open up my doors again and check.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.