Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I could have feature that Honda did not offer, it would be removable rear seats. Many vans and SUV's have that feature and I don't understand why it would be left out. In any case, has anyone tried to remove them temporarily to add cargo space? Any tips on removal or any cautions as to why I should not attempt this?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Seat Removal

I would recommend not removing them, but we had another post asking the same thing on the 08. I posted a set of instructions with some crappy diagrams. I have never done it, and hope to never do it...so regard my instructions with a jaded eye. The OP never got back to us, so I don't know how well it went, or if he decided to forego the effort.

Good Luck.

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5820

·
Registered
720 Posts
i have looked at the possibilty of removing my seats in the past, but i didnt bother. the time it takes it remove the brackets, the weight of the seats and the risk of having something squeak when you put it back on... i said to myself, forget it.

i installed a hitch instead, with wiring harness. if i need to haul something really big, rent a trailer and i'm done.
if you need to carry/haul big items frequently, you should think about getting a hitch/trailer or get a minivan or get a bigger suv that will fit your load.

as to why crv-v dont have removable rear seats, only honda can answer that.

·
Registered
687 Posts
as to why crv-v dont have removable rear seats, only honda can answer that.
Cost

Very little demand

The cabin and rear door opening are too small to allow a reasonable amount of working room unlike a larger minivan.

·
Registered
16 Posts
In any case, has anyone tried to remove them temporarily to add cargo space? Any tips on removal or any cautions as to why I should not attempt this?
On another Honda SUV forum, a poster removed the seats and provided a step-by-step picture guide of the process. He didn't seem to have any trouble with removing them.

I believe that the relevant thread can be found here:

http://www.hondasuv.com/members/showthread.php?t=32633

You may need to become a member of that forum in order to view the pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a 2007 model Crv Ex and that had clip out rear seats. Was this an option at the time? As I’ve just gone to do the same on my 2010 model Ex and you can’t remove them without actually unbolting the seats completely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts