Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here. I've been reading a lot of posts here. I bought a 2008 Honda CR-V for myself - as my son's birthday present. :) Ok, I gave him my old 4Runner. I bought the car on Sun and have only been able to drive a few times because it is at the dealership getting a super detailed clean because it reeked of marijuana.

Anyway -- and I will just say now bear with me for my lack of understanding -- I am trying to figure out the idea of bluetooth. I use bluetooth devices (headphones, speakers, etc) and my 4Runner has a radio with bluetooth which allows me to listening to music on phone, talk on phone etc. The CR-V has bluetooth but I am not sure it connects with my phone. I can't see how to pair it. It seems the bluetooth might be related to the Sat Nav system - so you can push the talk button on the steering wheel and say commands to the Sat Nav or radio. Is there a way to pair it with phone?

Otherwise, I saw another post here about a bluetooth kit thing - you sort of plug it into the back of radio and I think that then enables bluetooth to work with phone.

Any info about this is welcomed.

I so love the CR-V. Coming from a 4Runner, it feels fun, zippy. It's lovely inside. I am currently driving a loaner car from dealer -- it's a 2015 Toyota Camry. But I prefer the CR-V.

Rondi

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi there, late to the party.......

You're 2008 does not have the ability to stream music (A2DP) via Bluetooth. The owners manual will guide you as to how to pair it, but in a nutshell, if it's paired already for hands free calling.....it's paired. The best route I personally have found to stream music (without spending hundreds of dollars) is to buy a Bluetooth to Aux transmitter. Griffin makes one.....the one I use in fact in my 2010, and it works fine. Your phone still works for handsfree calling through the vehicle, but pairs seperately to the converter to stream music. Hope that helps....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts