Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 95% of the time, my rear tailgate will not open from the outside. I am able to open it from the inside switch on the tailgate. I have replaced all the door actuators, including the tailgate (after I started having issues getting into the tailgate) and nothing has fixed the problem. The only time it seems to open is when I have the battery disconnected for some time and then reconnect it, the door will open one time from the outside. Any help would be appreciated, not sure where to go from here, sounds like maybe a computer issue?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
On my '10...

About 95% of the time, my rear tailgate will not open from the outside. I am able to open it from the inside switch on the tailgate. I have replaced all the door actuators, including the tailgate (after I started having issues getting into the tailgate) and nothing has fixed the problem. The only time it seems to open is when I have the battery disconnected for some time and then reconnect it, the door will open one time from the outside. Any help would be appreciated, not sure where to go from here, sounds like maybe a computer issue?
On my '10 sometimes I have to pull up really hard on the latch release to open the hatch. I wonder if the linkage from your release to the latch might be messed up?

Sorry, that's all I can think of.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
If the rear door solenoid fuse is easy to get to, pull it for a couple of seconds and see if the door works again one time. If so, that may give a hint to the problem.
Disconnecting the battery causes the ECU to relearn all over again the shifting points and idle speed.
A clear diagram of the circuitry for the tailgate solenoid circuit could help. I don't know if there is some computer etc that prevents the tailgate from opening under certain conditions, like when the crv in motion, etc. If so, perhaps that is causing the problem and disconnecting the power resets it for one time.
Have you checked out the links below this post under the Similar Threads header?
Buffalo4

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Tail Gate tests and wiring...

If the rear door solenoid fuse is easy to get to, pull it for a couple of seconds and see if the door works again one time. If so, that may give a hint to the problem.
Disconnecting the battery causes the ECU to relearn all over again the shifting points and idle speed.
A clear diagram of the circuitry for the tailgate solenoid circuit could help. I don't know if there is some computer etc that prevents the tailgate from opening under certain conditions, like when the crv in motion, etc. If so, perhaps that is causing the problem and disconnecting the power resets it for one time.
Have you checked out the links below this post under the Similar Threads header?
Buffalo4
Tail Gate Latch tests and Circuit diagrams from 2007-10 Service Manual:

TailGateActuatorTests.jpg

TailGateWiring1.jpg

TailGateWiring2.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts