Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking at replacing the stereo/satnav on our 2008 2.0i EX with something that has Android/DAB capability.

There's no shortage of places to replace the head unit, though I could probably do it myself as well.

What I am wondering about is replacing the antenna.

I don't really want to have an antenna on the windscreen and have heard varying accounts about how effective they are too.

Is changing the rooftop antenna a big job and has anyone done this themselves?

Don't know how big a job it is.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
522 Posts
(174–240 MHz) and L band (1.452–1.492 GHz is DAB frequency so not sure about an antenna from Honda ,maybe an after market for DAB,I was just reading about DAB because I never heard of it and I get into Radio big time well amateur radio (ham radio) so it looks like the US military uses the 1.4GHZ for something thats why we don't use it I guess but here's some info I found on the US CRV and 3 photos of what I put on my roof for VHF UHF HAM radio , our am/fm aerial is on the RF fender so it had this dummy antenna on the roof that was used for XM radio that was optional in 05-06

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
I know nothing other than what Google has told me. I am based in the US, and have not done anything with DAB.

Connects2 (who are based in the UK) has the CT27UV89 AM/FM/DAB Mast 397mm that in theory would just replace your existing antenna mast. Should just unscrew/screw in the mount currently on your car without the need to replace anything else.

Four years ago, I did contact the support folks at Connects2 and they were very helpful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know nothing other than what Google has told me. I am based in the US, and have not done anything with DAB.

Connects2 (who are based in the UK) has the CT27UV89 AM/FM/DAB Mast 397mm that in theory would just replace your existing antenna mast. Should just unscrew/screw in the mount currently on your car without the need to replace anything else.

Four years ago, I did contact the support folks at Connects2 and they were very helpful.
Thanks for posting that.

As far as I am aware it is more than just the mast. There's a separate cable that needs to be fed along the length of the vehicle that connects to a DAB unit.

Most retailers here in the UK offer the windscreen mounted aerials as they are easier to fit. Whilst it is an option, my preference would be to install a factor type one instead.

They're cheap to buy but tricky to fit. I had it costed but is way overpriced for the labour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts