Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out driving with the windows down and I noticed that there was an odd clicking sound coming from my front driver's side wheel. Can't hear it with the windows up. I did some testing and here is what I found out.

1) Clicks x times per rotation of the tire so if I'm going slower there are fewer clicks and if I go faster there is more in a shorter time spaced.
2) Will go away immediately if I even touch the brakes. This obviously makes me think that it has something to do with the brakes.
3) Don't hear anything if I am turning the wheel like making a U turn or something...very noticeable if I'm just driving in the straight line.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much for your time.

2008 Honda CRV 2wd ex

·
Registered
252 Posts
Have you inspected the brakes? Pad life good or worn? Might be getting close to the end and the wear indicator is just starting to hit the disc.

But I've also had a stone or something get stuck around the brake tin shield make a similar noise. Was driving me nuts so I pulled the wheel and saw a pebble fall out.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Pull off that wheel and take a look. You might be able to see if something is hitting and causing a shiny spot.
Possibly even a nail or stone in the tire thread.
Buffalo4
PS: Whoops, didn't see Tom's post until after I posted.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Small stone/pebble having gotten into a space inside wheel/brakes, from where it has difficulties to get out. When braking it will get pushed into a fixed position and will thus not make any noise until stop of braking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts