Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

I have a 2008 CRV with a clunking noise coming from (I think) the back of the car. I took it to the local shop and they can hear it and they think it is the wheel bearing. I noticed that the faster I go, the faster the clunk happens and if I am going fast enough the clunk kinda disappears. I don't think it stops, I just think I am going fast enough that the clunk just becomes hard to hear. Something else...when I press the brakes it seems to completely stop clunking. Could it be one or both of the wheel bearings?

I am far from a mechanic so I am just trying to make sure I am replacing the correct items.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have a similiar problem, but clunking noise is from rear leftof vehicle and is not speed related and is not there all the time. Had all four shocks replaced (now on 150000km- 2010 model) but noise still there. Honda dealer said definitely shock related so the rear left shock replaced (again) but still making noise at low speeds. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check your stabilizer bar ends. We had a clunk, and that's what it ended up being. There doesn't need to be much play to make a noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Usually a clunk is not bearing related. As what the OP is saying most likely its related to the suspension components as Factoryrat said. Look for anything loose that would create any clunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts