Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As im new to this forum I hope im posting in the correct area.
Trying to help the G-daughter. She just got a 2008 CRV. The touch screen for the radio and what ever else is part of that system is shattered. It lights up and you can see all the options but the touch screen dont work when touched. I have not removed the unit from dash yet because I cannot figure out how to get it out. Need to find an on-line manual to download.
My biggest question is can just the screen be replaced or does the whole unit need to be replaced ?
Where is a good place to maybe find a used unit as her money is squeaky tight.

Any help and or guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks Much
COB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is a great video on how to remove the stereo from the exact same vehicle.

https://youtu.be/_iqQwlFBKS4

You can replace the whole unit, it would probably be the best bet. I have seen them used for about $100 on eBay.

You can also replace with an aftermarket stereo.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Repair service is available, but not worth the expense. You can buy used for less, just make sure you get the radio code with the unit. Replacement is easy. Try to make sure the unit you get is from the same year. Otherwise you may run into compatibility issues with the software. Nav units were not available on the '07. An '09 or a 2010/11 might work, but I'd try to research that before you jump, as some features may have changed. Let us know how this turns out for you.

If I'm buying this used, I would first call around to local wrecking yards. The advantage to buying local is that you might get it cheaper or not, but you can negotiate free replacement if the unit they sell you doesn't work right. My next choice would be eBay. If you go there, buy only from a reputable seller, one who has lots of positive and few negative feedbacks, and who offers a replacement guarantee. The most expensive ones will be called refurbished, which usually just means the unit has been tested to be working when shipped, although there are a few places in the country that buy them in bulk and test and do repairs. They are higher, but doing business with them is less risky, which is definitely worth something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.