Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just bought a 2008 CRV. I had an accident and my Nissan Quest was totalled. I needed another car but one that wasn't so big and more economical. I saw the CRV at the used car lot and after comparing it to the 2007 Toyota RAV4 I felt more confident with the CRV. (When I closed the doors on the Toyota it felt like a tin can, in my opinion.) So here I am now, the happy owner of a silver CRV. Now I have to learn how to take care of it!
The windows are heat repelling-- is there a special way to clean them? There are also black plastic moulding for the bumpers, etc. I live in Texas and I don't have a garage on my property. I'm worried that it's going to get sun damaged. I've seen cars with white spots on them and I want to avoid that, too. Any advice? Thank you!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
Perhaps, ask at a tinting establishment. They would be able to tell you how to clean it. I'd bet that they say some kind of mild cleaner, perhaps something like Stoner's Invisible Glass?
If it's a film, the key action is, DON'T RUB HARD. :cautious:

+++++++++++++

UV issues with unpainted plastics are common even here in the Northeast. (Be glad you don't own a 2000s Jeep...they seem to be affected worse than any CR-V.)

There are Topics here and on other Forums about reflections from plate window glass actually MELTING plastic on cars! I guess the best advice is to be aware of your surroundings. o_O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts