Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attempted to connect my iPhone 8 to our CR-V Aux input using a 1/8" male to male patch cable connected to the Lightning adapter and the car's input. I played some audio from a couple different apps but the audio only came out the right speakers (very very low, almost inaudible through the left.)

Is it possible the patch cable I used wasn't correct? Or am I potentially looking at a wiring issue with the Aux jack?

For those of you in my situation, can you tell me what patch cable and/or iPhone 8 compatible Lightning adapter you use to get audio from all channels?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the issue. The Lightning adapter that came with the phone was defective. If I jiggled the adapter I could get audio out of both channels. Tested with my wife's adapter and everything works normally.

Carry on.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I noticed on my 2009 that the Aux input (in the console) was very noisy, at least by my standards. Sounded like it was picking up every little electronic noise in the car in addition to the sound coming through the Aux cable. But that's a moot point now since I put in my own head unit, and removed the Aux input to replace it with a dual USB3 port. I did expect better when I first tried it though.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
I also plan to upgrade my head unit and entire audio system, but till then I have a practice I follow to protect my AUX connector. I connect a good quality cable to it and leave it, never disconnecting it. Repeated plugging in and unplugging is what usually wears the sockets out, and this precludes that. I have the phone on a Pro-Clip dash mount, so I used some small stick-on wiring hold-downs to route the cable so that it is never snagged or accidently yanked out of that jack. Works great. Of course, the other end does get wear at the phone, but that can't be helped. I keep a spare cable in the console just in case, but have never needed it yet. It'll do until my upgrade comes around on the guitar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts