Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the past couple days I’ve noticed this grinding noise or creaking noise that will occur for a second or two under hard acceleration. It only occurs from a stop or very slow roll and doesn’t seem to be linked to turning, just acceleration. I’ve had numerous ideas from friends but most say it’s a driveshaft issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I’d hate to crash on the highway or something bizarre.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I have no idea, but if you post if your crv is AWD, Manual or Auto Tranny, mileage, any major work done recently etc it will help others, who are really experienced, to be able to help you more.
Also, where does that noise seem to come from? Front left, Front right, etc underneath the drivers' seat etc.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
So many things it could be. I'd start with the easiest. Make sure the heat shields on the catalytic converter are not rattling. A 12 year old exhaust may also be corroded to where things start coming loose, like on our '09s. I get a rattling in my muffler at certain throttle positions. The other '09 had a flange rust off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea, but if you post if your crv is AWD, Manual or Auto Tranny, mileage, any major work done recently etc it will help others, who are really experienced, to be able to help you more.
Also, where does that noise seem to come from? Front left, Front right, etc underneath the drivers' seat etc.
Buffalo4
Firstly, its a 2008 EX-L with AWD, 230,000 miles recently, automatic as they only came in such, and honestly no major work done in a long time, its been very good to us, so I have no idea what this could be. The noise appears to be in the front, down below, but honestly no specific area.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So many things it could be. I'd start with the easiest. Make sure the heat shields on the catalytic converter are not rattling. A 12 year old exhaust may also be corroded to where things start coming loose, like on our '09s. I get a rattling in my muffler at certain throttle positions. The other '09 had a flange rust off.
Very true, my friend said the exact same thing, so basically find the heat shield and try to shake it or move it? I’m hoping its just that, I would hate to need to replace something huge..

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Firstly, its a 2008 EX-L with AWD, 230,000 miles recently, automatic as they only came in such, and honestly no major work done in a long time, its been very good to us, so I have no idea what this could be. The noise appears to be in the front, down below, but honestly no specific area.
I never knew that the manual tranny was dropped for a 2008. Thanks for that.
But, either way, it usually does help to provide additional vehicle info when asking for help.
Hopefully it will turn out to be just the heat shield.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Might be worth checking rubber condition in engine mount on transmission side. When old, they can flex far enough and finally wear to produce noise under acceleration. Cheers S

1 - 8 of 8 Posts