Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 4WD is doing a hard start and when it starts it drags moving either forward or at revise. And at every time it changes gear. Most especially when climbing uphill it losses power that it drags so horrible for about 30s before it picked up. And when it picks fires well move well until d next transmission. I ve drained d gear oil and cleaned d gear switches. But d issue still persists. Please any one with useful ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Moved to Gen 3 Section, for better response. Welcome to the forum! Where are you located? How many miles are on the car? Is the computer throwing any codes? This could be due to any of a large number of causes based on your description. It will be hard to diagnose without narrowing it down. I would run codes first for clues. Otherwise, it could be anything from sticking brakes to jumping time, or a bad catalytic converter, or fuel system issues, etc. Keep us posted on how this goes.

Reactions: spotpup

·
Registered
265 Posts
By draining gear oil, are you talking the transfer case or transmission? Check the fluid level in the transmission when warm on a level surface. Make sure it is up in the hot area. I found on my 08 that between changes, it was down a bit that lead to sluggish starts and harsh shifting. Not being my daily driver, I am at the mercy of my son to tell me what is going on with it or just take and drive it for a day when he his home. I have also had issues with my rear calipers freezing up in the last 6 months causing the brakes to stick which also could be interpreted as a transmission issue. As kloker pointed out, a bit more info on your ride would help. Start with checking the easy first. Make sure your wheels turn freely, brakes not sticking or worn (including parking brake), fluid levels up and clean, engine air filter clean,etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts