Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced ECU on CRV with a new ECU and using a SBB scanner tried to set old keys to communicate with ECU but not successful. We followed the steps on SBB but still this didnt work. It seems like there is no connection/communication between key chip and computer. I inserted key and turned it off and about four time,still wouldnt start.How can i fix this? Need help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just replaced ECU on CRV with a new ECU and using a SBB scanner tried to set old keys to communicate with ECU but not successful. We followed the steps on SBB but still this didnt work. It seems like there is no connection/communication between key chip and computer. I inserted key and turned it off and about four time,still wouldnt start.How can i fix this? Need help!
I would suggest taking it to the dealer to reprogram your keys. As they are the only ones who have the necessary tools to do so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did take it to the dealer, and he used the SBB to reprogram the keys. but still it's not working. this is the only dealer we have here and he is not sure how to progress further. is there something wrong with immobilizer chip maybe?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did take it to the dealer, and he used the SBB to reprogram the keys. but still it's not working. this is the only dealer we have here and he is not sure how to progress further. is there something wrong with immobilizer chip maybe?

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are two components on the ECU that store the immobilizer code for your car. If you do not want to have the dealer reprogram your keys, you can swap the solid state components from your old ECU and solder them on the new one. Here is a link on Youtube that explains which chips to swap. Sorry, the forum will not allow me to post the link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts