Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engine light first came on in the winter after a really cold -30 night. My mechanic scanned the vehicle and there was an P0341 code.

The vehicle runs fine, idles fine, so both he and I were a bit confused.

He looked into the P0341 error which is the cam shaft sensor and there was some database that logs how this issue has been fixed on other cars.

He showed me the site and pretty much all of the entries say that the vehicle runs like crap. Immediately upon clearing the code as soon as the engine is turned back on, the code comes back on. These vehicles had to have the timing chain replaced.

This code had a few suggestions to fix the issue, so we tried to cheapest options first. Oil change and the solenoid valve. My solenoid was in rough shape so he changed it out and we hoped that fixed the issue. The code was cleared, but as soon as we had a cold night it came back on.

He has cleared the code for me several times and each time the temperature drops the code comes back. I went about 6 months over the spring and summer without the code coming back, but as soon as the temp dropped over night it was back. Now when the code is coming on I am also getting the VSA light and the traction control light coming on. If I shut the car off and back on these lights go off, but the engine light stays on until the mechanic clears it.

He is a bit confused and doesn't want to replace the timing chain if there is some other issue causing this to happen. He doesn't want to do unnecessary repairs to cost me money.

Has anyone else had an issue like this and can think of some remedy other than replacing a timing chain considering my vehicle is running fine.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You might also try...

Especially in that weather, you might try this Mobile1 specifically made for Honda's and Toyota's specifying 0W20 and 5W20! I tried it in my 2010 and LOVE IT! And at $26.44 for 5-quart jug at Walmart it is really a great price.

Mobile1_26-44.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts