Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been following this forum for a while because of the recent problems I have had with my 2008 Honda CRV. I recently had to change the transmission of my CRV. After the transmission was changed I am hearing a weird noise from the hood when its in Drive (D) mode. I tried to recreate the noise by putting it in P mode and then pressing on gas. As I press the gas the noise comes and when I leave the gas pedal it becomes lower in volume. When I switch to R it goes away and when I put it back in D and press on gas it comes again. You can hear the noise here at around 5 second mark - On youtube search "Honda CRV 2008 weird noise. What is it?" to see the video.

The guy who installed the transmission said he tried to diagnose the problem using the scanner but it did not show any error code. Does anyone know what this could be? He is claiming that is has nothing to do with what he did.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks downloader. Before the transmission I had the torque converter changed too. And before they changed the transmission this noise was not coming. Do you know if they have to remove the torque converter when they change the transmission? Could they have messed up the converter while changing the transmission. Is that possible?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Checked 2007-10 Service Manual...

Do you know if they have to remove the torque converter when they change the transmission? Could they have messed up the converter while changing the transmission. Is that possible?
Transmission and Torque Converter are removed as a unit. Converter is then removed from the transmission.

The answer to both questions is, Yes.

Is this a Honda Dealer, Transmission shop, Who?

A transmission shop in Baltimore told me years ago they will not rebuild a Honda transmission and knew of no one in this area that has been successful in doing so.

They buy transmissions from an importer in California that provides units that are factory remanufactured in Japan. He also says they cost less than the parts to do it themselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts