Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All;

I've got an ongoing problem with my 2008. 200,000km.
I continue to get P0303 and rough running. I've changed out the plugs, fuel injectors and moved the coils around but the misfire stays at cyl#3. I've had the valves adjusted though not far off nominal when checked. I've removed and cleaned the EGR and replaced the PCV.

I did have a bit of a reprieve for about 6 months by using Seafoam as recommended here. But now it is back.

I don't like to throw parts at a car before finding out what the problem is. However even the dealer is stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi All;

I've got an ongoing problem with my 2008. 200,000km.
I continue to get P0303 and rough running. I've changed out the plugs, fuel injectors and moved the coils around but the misfire stays at cyl#3. I've had the valves adjusted though not far off nominal when checked. I've removed and cleaned the EGR and replaced the PCV.

I did have a bit of a reprieve for about 6 months by using Seafoam as recommended here. But now it is back.

I don't like to throw parts at a car before finding out what the problem is. However even the dealer is stumped. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Did you do a compression test? When does the misfire happen? Idle? Certain rpm?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AVS;

The dealer did a compression test 20,000km ago #1-170 #2-172 #3- 175 #4-162
The misfire happens usually under a small load like going up a small hill. This would be horrible in the mountains.
After just changing out the plugs, injectors etc it is a bit worse. Could it be a vacuum leak somewhere? And how would I find it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I know the K series engine in your 2008 CR-V is completely different than the B20 engines in the 2001 and earlier CR-Vs, but...when diagnosing misfire problems on the 2001 and earlier engines a leak-down test was better at determining if there was a problem with the valves than a compression test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts