Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone knows if the front seats out of a 2008 crv will fit in a 2006 crv. I found a set of really clean seats and am hoping they would just bolt right in. Thanks

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
I seriously doubt it.shape of floor is different (you're talking about a Gen 2 and a Gen 3). Seat floor brackets will also be different. This is also likely to be illegal due to airbag systems issues. The swap would trigger an airbag warning light, which, once your inspector sees it, will prevent you from clearing the inspection. It's also a federal crime. Not worth it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I seriously doubt it.shape of floor is different (you're talking about a Gen 2 and a Gen 3). Seat floor brackets will also be different. This is also likely to be illegal due to airbag systems issues. The swap would trigger an airbag warning light, which, once your inspector sees it, will prevent you from clearing the inspection. It's also a federal crime. Not worth it.
What federal crime? Illegal? Got a link for that?
I know MD won’t fail a car for an SRS light. Don’t think other states would either. Air bags are a supplemental restraint systems. Not necessary, but nice to have!

edit: seems PA could care less too

There is no criteria in the inspection regulations that requires the Supplemental Restraint System or airbag be in proper working order for annual safety inspection. Therefore a vehicle does not fail inspection for having an air bag warning light illuminated or even for having an air bag removed.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Actually, they are mandatory by Federal law now, though some states are catching up slowly. Actually, states decide whether to even inspect your car. Here in Texas, they check for everything! Even though the legislature is considering doing away with the whole process, due to the fact that one third of the state population is illegals who have no driver license or insurance, and no legal title or inspection. They have ways to fake everything, and even when they are caught red-handed, the police do nothing. So it is useless, and only serves to force actual real law-abiding citizens to comply or face penalties. That's not a political rant, just a statement of reality. So, your quote may apply in your state, but don't come here and expect it, cuz that ain't how it is.

Also, there's this: Even if you are not held to this as an inspection standard, don't get in an accident where someone in your vehicle is injured or killed, because you are liable in both civil and criminal courts if a finding is made that your tampering with or disabling a manufacturer-provided safety feature is even partially a factor. This comes from a friend of mine who is a retired judge.

But, other than that, hey, do whatever you want! It's not my job to keep you out of trouble.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Backup cameras are mandatory now too. That is a complete different story. Consumer laws requiring manufacturers to do certain things and consumers who become an owner of the product are different.
Civil and criminal are different also. You stated it was criminal to not have a functioning airbag, yet only referenced possible civil action. Yea, you can sue over anything if you can find a lawyer to do it. Remember our cold coffee from the Golden arches for years after they were sued.

Side note. If non functioning air bags were illegal you would think the vehicle would go into lump mode or something so you couldn't really use it anymore until fixed.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Well, I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is that, around here, if you have that warning light, the inspector goes into limp mode. Which means if you can't get no inspection, ain't gon' be no license plation.

Wait. Lump mode? Now that there is funny, I don't care who y'are! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts