Status
Not open for further replies.

2008 Spark plug...

Tags
2008 plug spark
4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Wildcat 
#1 ·
Hello All.

Could someone please tell me the actual make and part number for Honda OEM plugs for 2008 LX? :Dunno: Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Justrfb

#7 ·
After a frickin' Bosch spark plug shattered its insulator in the cylinder of our Civic and ruined the cylinder head, I made damn sure both of our newer CR-Vs had either NGK or Denso plugs in them.

Friends don't let friends use Bosch.

#8 ·
Hello.
It is me again... I am going to "date" myself here and maybe look foolish but I have to ask... I have Denso plugs for my CR-V, I have my torque wrench ready... Here it goes... Do I have to "gap" the plugs? There, I asked... I don't see a gap number anywhere so I think not... Also, 13 Ft/Lbs, correct? Thanks so much! Peace.

Justrfb

#9 ·
I don't recall what the plugs should be gapped at (memory isn't what it used to be), but even though they are set at the factory, they should probably still be checked to play it safe. My NGKs came with sleeves over the threads and the electrode, so they were protected and the gaps were OK.

#11 ·
Wow... You have a lot of Hondas...
Too many. Three drivers, five cars, 980,000 miles between them all. The '97 has to go, provided someone wants a rust bucket that needs to be parked in Neutral since it gets stuck in Park. The '04 needs a cylinder head (see my Bosch comment above), but we are keeping it for a spare once I get all the parts in to fix it. My other half sometimes has to drive to questionable areas, including the courts downtown. Plus the Accord has the faulty B7XA transmission that had all the problems, and I haven't decided if I'm going to work on the solenoids to get it working how it should, or get a rebuilt tranny put into it. Don't need the kiddo getting stranded down in Detroit with it. Can't complain too much though--we bought it so cheap that $1500 for a tranny would put it right within budget...and if she needs to use the Civic while the Accord gets fixed, at least we'll have it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.