Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the 2009 Diesel ES has tyre pressure monitors on the 17" wheels??

Or is it only the 2010 Models with tyre pressure monitors??

I'm thinking of buying a 2010 iDTEC ES, with 18" wheels - however I don't want these (poorer ride/poorer tyre choice/lower profile etc) and the dealer has offered me a new,unused set of 225/65/17 wheels and tyres from a 2009 model in with the deal

If I fit the 17" wheels.........................will it affect the tyre pressure monitors on the 2010 model

·
Registered
141 Posts
Only 2010 has TPMS. You could ask your dealer to put TPMS valves on the 17" wheels ... or disable the monitoring on the car itself.

·
Registered
141 Posts
No TPMS Valves................. the system works on VSA
:confused:

How could the tyre pressure monitoring system work on VSA ???

Both systems interact ... if you have low pressure, you won't be able to turn VSA off but apart from that ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:confused:

How could the tyre pressure monitoring system work on VSA ???

Both systems interact ... if you have low pressure, you won't be able to turn VSA off but apart from that ?
Ask Honda:confused:

It works on the basis of 'rolling circumference' and I think therefore it is rather crude................if the car changes..............then a warning is flashed up

Not as good as TPMS monitors on each wheel................but I'm thankfull for that, as they can be unreliable anyway

1 - 6 of 6 Posts