Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow CR-V enthusiasts. Today my wife and I purchased a CPO 2009 CRV EX-L with Nav, 34,600 miles for her as a second car. We have been on the fence about a 2nd car for quite some time, but had a budget with certain features the car had to have so until the right car came along, we just waited. The other day, she found one on the net at a local dealer and we left a deposit on the car.

There are a few cosmetic issues that need to be taken care of before we agreed to follow through with the purchase, so I will head back to the dealership on Tuesday to make sure they have been taken care of. In a conversation with the F&I manager after the credit app was submitted, I had inquired about the wrap coverage which would bring up the 1yr/12k bumper to bumper warranty up to 7yr//100k, matching the power train coverage.

I have been reading up on this forum, as well as other Honda owner forums, and the consensus seems to be this wrap warranty / coverage on CPO's needs to be purchased when we pick up the car. We cannot purchase it after the fact, and this is only available from the dealer who certified the car. She had quoted me $1,995.00 for the wrap coverage. At first I balked and said that seems kind of steep, since the car is already a CPO car. I had mentioned cars that are not certified, but have certain criteria are usually that expensive, the wrap warranty should be considerably less. She then went on to say since the car has factory Nav, added electronics, the cost for the added electronic features is reflected in this price.

I felt like calling her out on the carpet right there and then, but decided to research this before I make an incorrect statement.

On certain forums, wrap coverage costs varied from $700-$800, all the way up to $1600, dependent on yr / make / model.

Judging by what was written and researched, this coverage should range anywhere from $800 to $1,100.

Does anyone have any idea what the additional wrap coverage should cost for an 09 CPO CR-V?

I have until Thursday to try and find the true cost so I can make an educated decison.

Any help, insight or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I would suggest you put the $2000 aside and earn interest on it, and "IF" you need repairs then use that money you put aside.

Chances are you saved $2000 in your own pocket than into the Dealers pocket.

You will find that most thing are "NOT" covered under these warrantees!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I"ll keep that in mind. I know the wrap coverage is no where near that total. If I can find the true cost, I will have a better position to bargain from.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
HondaCare?

Thanks for the reply. I"ll keep that in mind. I know the wrap coverage is no where near that total. If I can find the true cost, I will have a better position to bargain from.
The claims that only the inspecting dealer can provide coverage and extra $800 for Nav. sound like BS!

For my '09 EX, the selling dealer wanted $2,300 for non-HondaCare claiming it is better. It was only better because the dealer made more with it! I called local dealers and got prices for HondaCare from $830 to $1,600 for exactly the same coverage! I bought it at the $830 dealer as well as my next car, a '10 EXL - no Nav. HondaCare for this car was $1,090. Higher than for an EX because of all the extra electronics, heated mirrors, heated power seat, and more expensive radio. As a guess NAV might be another 1 to 2 hundred so $1,200 might be reasonable. All for 7-year, 100K miles.

Call some local dealers and see:

Honda site for HondaCare info: http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/help/extended-services

Honda Hills Honda: http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hondacare/index.htm

Saccucci Honda: http://www.saccuccihondacare.com/

Suggestion: Do not buy anything but HondaCare! It is available up to 8-years, 120K miles.

You should be able to get one for the same price as a new care up to 36,000 miles.

Good luck,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts